Saturday 7 November 2009

Never Ask a Gift Horse for its Dental Records

What an odd week.  Robert Scoble - Google him if you don't know who he is - put me on his Tech Pundits list on Twitter!  Obviously, the cool move here would be for me to acknowledge that this is an entirely expected development on the road to global domination but it's not.  It's HUGE!  How the heck am I a 'tech pundit?'  I scribble eccentric nonsense about how different online gadgets and thingumies connect people.  All around me, giant kings and queens of tech and social media write highly technical jargon while I compare Twitter to a pub and thrash out the finer points of Dickens' A Christmas Carol for the digital age.  So, why have I been so honoured?  Goodness knows, but the expression 'never look a gift horse in the mouth' may apply.

Today, the oddness continued.  Again, this was from a most unlikely source.  I received a tweet:
I just read your bio, what an amazing story. You are an inspiration.
Regardless of where that tweet had come from, I would have been chuffed but you'll NEVER guess who sent it....  Go on, guess.  Give up?  Duncan Bannatyne!  Duncan - Dragons' Den - Bannatyne!!

Before the week gets any weirder, I feel the need to remind myself that a pat on the back is only ever inches from a kick in the butt, pack my ego in a tamper-proof safe and get writing.  I have 50,000 words to write before the end of this month and patting myself on the back won't get them written.

Rebecca

(It is cool though isn't it?)  OY - BACK TO WRITING (Oh, okay then.)     :) xxx
Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

  1. You deserve all of those wonderful comments, Rebecca. You truly are an inspiration! Back to writing I go!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Rebecca Woodhead's Fan Box